Mental health should not be forgotten in a busy vet practice
Everyone needs to look after their mental health. This week is Mental Health Awareness Week and we have been thinking about how the pressures in a busy vet practice can be challenging for everyone. Technology is one area that should take away stress, not add to it.
We believe that technology should help you to:
- Feel in control - inspired not overwhelmed by opportunities and change
- Reduce the scope for negative moments - such as chasing debt, fitting more appointments into impossibly full diaries, triage a case that may be urgent - but that may simply need client reassurance.
- Feel like an individual - not one of the many statistics that have to squeeze into a large company algorithm
- Know that someone has your back when it comes to the technology and will help fix things quickly
- Have more time for a cup of tea with other team members, by letting the technology take some of the slack.
VetConsult cannot give you more time with nature. We cannot help you eat more healthily or get more sleep. But we can take some of the stress out of your day at work! Talk to us about online payments, remote consulting and/or online bookings.
In the meantime, here is an exploration of the great many ways in which technology can be of benefit to clients, animals, the team morale as well as the profitability of the business.